Thursday 16 August 2007

Camel Kisses





Who would have thought a camel had such a soft and velvety snout, or could be so friendly and gentle? I have had some anxious thoughts about these critters chasing me down the road on one of my walks, but when it came to the crunch and camel met woman, it was instant attraction and no pursuit. Perhaps it's my new streaked hair, shades of spinifex surely appeal to camels.

We went out at the weekend and had fun collecting witchetty grubs - Helen the hairdresser was at first too horrified to try one toasted on the gas ring at home, but then she loved it! The cross was found along with a five dollar note way out there in the mulga where we went looking ...there are cultural symbols everywhere and here is the Papunya bora ring , a major cultural site...

The fence for the bush tucker garden is going up despite a howling bitter gale. And I hope to be on the Larapinta trail this weekend xxxxxxx

No comments: